Friday, April 22, 2011

Support

A few people have asked how they can help support my trip and I would really appreciate any help! As I mentioned earlier, prayers, supplies, and  funds would be greatly appreciated :-)

As for the latter... I am going to Ethiopia with the founder of Reach Another Foundation, Dr. Marinus Koning. This is a WONDERFUL foundation that works to increase access to healthcare, education, and safe living conditions. You should really take a look at the work they are doing if you have a spare minute (https://reachanother.org/)! This foundation is going to help keep donations anonymous by allowing me to have checks sent directly to them. If you would like to anonymously help fund my trip to Africa, you can send checks to:
Reach Another Foundation
1900 NE Third St
Suite 106-307
Bend, OR 97701
**Please make sure to include my name, Lindsay Perez, on the check**

Thank you to everyone for your warm wishes and words of encouragement! I can not wait to share this experience! Below are a few photos from Reach Another Foundation's flickr page. The rest of the photos are mostly medical, and can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/61568760@N07/. The first is of a child with Autism. There are many families and communities within Ethiopia who do not know how to help their children, or who are unable to invest the time that it takes to help them. Many of these children can become aggressive towards others or themselves, and the first photo depicts one way in which some of these children are dealt with. The second photo is the new school's logo!


1 comment: