Monday, May 23, 2011

mehlkahm goozoh yehhoonehlesh (Bon Voyage!)

I leave tomorrow morning, and I can't wait to get going.  22.5 hours of flight time + 3.5 hrs layover in Germany + 10 hour time change will make for a long day... but arriving in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia will be more than worth it. I have all the supplies packed up and ready to go and I hope I haven't forgotten anything! The weather report for the next ten days in Addis is rain, rain, and more rain. The rainy season isn't supposed to start until June, but I guess it started a bit early this year. I have heard "when it rains in Addis, it pours" but I will be hoping for a few sunny days while I am there.
I look forward to keeping everyone updated as much as I can.Please continue to pray for safe travels and a positive experience!

Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Beyond excited for you! We will be praying continually for the work you will be doing over there! You will be such a blessing to that community!
    P.S. Don't worry about Eric, we will take good care of him ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plane should be landing in Addis Ababa just about now as I write this. God's blessings on you; and may He use these experiences as building blocks for your future and the future of those you touch.

    ReplyDelete