Sunday, May 8, 2011

Thank You

Thank you so much to those who have donated some of the supplies from my wish lists! I am so grateful for friends and family who are willing to help these children. Also, a HUGE thank you to Desert Heights Academy for purchasing everything that was left on my lists at the end of last week. I have such a supportive boss and staff at DHA and I am so grateful for their generosity and support.

Only a few more weeks and I leave for Africa! I have been talking with Rahel, the program director in Ethiopia, and have found out a few more details. The students will be between the ages of 4-12, and right now they only have enough funding for 10 students. At first I was surprised... 10 students!? Thats IT!?? But as I have talked with Rahel and more educators and professionals in the field, I realize this will benefit the school greatly, as they are just getting started and are needing more education and training themselves. Although the educators at Nehemiah have experience in this field, they haven't had access to all of the resources and new ideas that we are exposed to and the students are going to have very difficult and unique hurdles to overcome. I can't imagine the pain and frustration some of them must be holding on to without the ability to communicate or understand the world around them.

Please keep Nehemiah in your prayers, as they are starting up their program this month.

Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. I am excited about the opportunity you have been given is quickly coming to fruition. Your heart, skills and past experiences will certainly make an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting Lindsay. Thanks for being willing to serve! Blessings as you travel. :)

    ReplyDelete